This past Saturday, we spent the afternoon establishing the long-planned raised garden bed in front of the greenhouse! We went shopping first, buying cinderblocks, soil, and strawberry plants to go in the garden, and then we returned to UH to set everything up. The cinderblocks were arranged in a rectangle and then the bed below was weeded before being filled up by garden soil. Lastly, we placed six strawberry plants into the bed. It seems to be doing very well right now and we look forward to seeing some strawberries in the near future!
Another important item coming up very soon is the Horticulture Society Elections! As the academic year comes to a close, it is time to vote for the new officers of HS for the 2013-2014 school year. If you feel like you want to contribute more to the Horticulture Society, feel free and run for a position!
Important things to note for potential candidates:
- You can run for up to two positions
- Positions available are: President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary. Webmaster and Liaison at Large are appointed by the elected cabinet
- On April 19 (general meeting), candidates will give speeches to convince members why they should be elected
- Voting will be done online
- If elected, you will have to attend an officer meeting on April 26 to talk to the current officers and to discuss the upcoming year.